Speakers at Silver Oaks – To develop Public speaking skills and confidence
Word Craft – To develop creativity in writing
Spell Bee – To develop self confidence with improved vocabulary
Human Calculator – To develop speed and accuracy in all areas of calculation
News Paper In Education – To develop knowledge of current affairs
Science Fundas – To develop Scientific Thinking Skills
Me and My Country We Grow Together
Coins for the Country – A CSR of Silver Oaks
The school’s civic and social responsibility program helps in developing young people as contributors to the society.
Helping the underprivileged, resolutions for civic and social fabric, capacity building in weaker sections and participating in nation building are some of the activities school takes up.
Mantras of Mahatma
Gandhian principles have been defined, interpreted and contemporised to make the learners see their value in the character of a person.
- Swaraj – Self control and Self-discipline
- Satyagraha- Truth and Non violence
- Sarvodaya- Universal Welfare
- Swades- Self Sufficiency
- Swadharma- Congruence in Thoughts and Actions
Inspiring words of Rabindranath Tagore
‘where the mind is without fear and the head is held high’
Turned into the motto of the School and every learner in the school !
Inside out approach
The School focusses on character first and competence next.
- To be Balanced in body and mind, work and play and managing time
- To be Principled in behaviour, thoughts and actions
- To be a Thinker at all times
- To be Caring
- To be effective and positive Communicators
- To be Reflective in thoughts and actions
- To be an Inquirer while learning and living
- To be a courageous and meet challenges in learning and living
- To be Knowledgeable
- To be Open minded and welcome new ideas and thoughts
Dr Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Be Proactive
- Begin with the end in mind
- First things first
- Seek first to understand and then to be understood
- Think win win
- Sharpen your saw